I have to confess, I tend to be a slow reader. Especially right now, where I have a fair amount of projects and deadlines on my plate. I usually don’t get much chance to sit and read until the very end of the day– and then it’s maybe read a chapter. Usually less. So it takes me a while to get through a book, especially a big door stopper.
I’ve got two books that I currently consider myself to be “reading right now”: The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu and The Clockwork Dagger by Beth Cato, though I’ll cop most of my reading attention is on the latter. Grace might be on hold until I can devote serious brainspace to it. But I’m enjoying both.
My remaining To Be Read pile isn’t big, but given my reading speed it’s as much commitment as I can handle right now.
A brief bullet list:
- One Night In Sixes by Tex Thompson
- Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer
- Gemini Cell by Myke Cole
- City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett
- The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley
And on my “books I intend to get and put on the TBR pile soon” list:
- Dreams of Shreds and Tatters by Amanda Downum
- Cold Iron by Stina Leicht
- The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
- Time Salvager by Wesley Chu
And that should keep me plenty busy for the near future.