Since 2011 is almost over, time for an update on State of the Writer.
From my last update:
- Thorn of Dentonhill (Book 1 of Veranix series): Shopping. I know it’s at a few publishing houses right now.
- Holver Alley Crew (Book 1 of Holver Alley Crew series): A new finished, polished draft, based on notes from the agent. I’ll be sending that to him, plus synopses for potential second and third, in the near future.
- Maradaine Constabulary (Book 1 of Maradaine Constabulary series): Working hard on the second draft, which includes a significant change in one of the two main character’s living/family situation. I’ve decided if Minox comes from a long line of Constabulary men, then he needs a sizable amount of family who are either in or somehow adjacent to the city constabulary. That includes tweaking an existing character to now being his cousin.
- From Star to Star (Book 1 of Banshee series): As said before, I scrapped my old “USS Banshee” concept to something a bit stranger, and I like it, but I’m still in the plotting/outlining/worldbuilding phase of things.
- The Way of the Shield (Book 1 of Vanguard series): I still have a full outline, and I’ve done some more detail work, and some initial writing. I’ve hashed out the problems with the main character that were eluding me, so once I finish the aforementioned Maradaine Constabulary rewrites (mid-January, allergies willing), I’ll be off to the races there.
Now, what else is there? All the previously mentioned scraps and ideas are still out there (Starstruck, Zodiac 13, Untitled YA Project), plus another high-fantasy big-picture idea that I’m only beginning the worldbuilding on, and the Untitled Steampunk/Spaceopera/Can’tDecide Project. And, of course, Crown of Druthal is in the trunk. Don’t think it’ll ever come out.